Monday, May 2, 2011

Grandma

I found out just a few days ago that I was becoming a grandmother. I wasn't sure how this would make me feel when the day got here but I am here to say I am very excited.
My Kelsey is pregnant. She seems so happy and has a glow about her. Her fiance' is very excited too. He is older and seems to be doing well in life and promises to take good care of her and their baby.
Maybe it didn't all happen in the perfect order but I believe in God and believe God has his own plans.
I have said for a long while now that I believe a baby would be what would bring Kelsey to a sober state and bring her and her siblings closer together again. Not that I was wishing for this to happen nor that having a baby is the answer to life's issues.
For some reason I have felt that Kelsey has had an emptiness inside her and she drank and drugged to cover the hurt. She would probably disagree, but I have truly felt this for a long time. And now she will have such passion and love for this baby growing inside her and take on mommy role like it was second nature to her. This will be her passion. I have no doubts she will be a wonderful mommy.
Alexis, Hannah and Tyler are so excited for her as well. Her and Hannah haven't had any type of relationship or even spoke for that matter in a very long time. Pretty much the same with Alexis. In the last few days they have become sisters again. No questions asked. It'll be like old times again before we all know it. My heart is telling me so.
Life goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment