Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dinner with a friend

Last night I picked up a 23 year young lady and went to dinner.
The first time I had meet her I knew she was something special. She and my daughter were Friends. I knew little about her except for the fact that she was beautiful, she's 23 years old and her family consisted of her dog and cat. I knew that I wanted to get to know her more and try to be someone "special" in her life.
During our dinner she talked a lot about her life and how she ended up in Loveland. For everything that she has been through and where she is today there is only one way to describe her, Amazing. I am not sure if I am making any difference in her life but she sure is making a difference in mine. Is that selfish?
I think of my own daughter who struggles everyday. And how sorry I feel for her. And what can I do to make a difference in her life.
While having dinner last night though it makes me feel less and less sorry. Made me realize there isn't anything I can do to make a difference. She has to want it and make her own choices in her life. She has so many people that love her and are here for her. Loved ones that try and contact her daily to see if she is ok. But I feel that she takes advantage of that and manipulates those of us whom truly love her. She is good at making you feel guilty for things she didn't get or things she doesn't have. But after last night those feelings of mine are diminishing.
At a certain age we all have a choices in the path of life we take. We all have choices in the decision's we make. Sure some might have it easier than others. But I feel in the end we chose the life we want to live.
I love all my daughters and can't imgaine going through life not haveing a realtionship with any of them. They are all very specail to me. Breaks my heart that there are many daughters who don't have a mothers love but would do anything to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment