Friday, January 28, 2011

Zumbaaaaaa

After I was done with my show in Oct I was feeling a lot of anxiety about what was next. I had giving up all my cardio classes for lifting. So wasn't sure if that is what I wanted to go back to or not. I liked the muscles I was gaining and knew that I couldn't keep that if I went back to 100%cardio. Did I still want to lift 4 days a week? What were my goals going to be?
Well needless to say I am now lifting 5 days a week and taking zumba 2 days a week. Then it dawned on me, I want to teach a few classes. But where and when would I do this??
My girlfriend owns Fit 4 You gym and asked me if I would be interested in teaching some classes there. Bingo....since I already work out there this would probably work. Funny how things just fall into place.
I booked my flight to Tuscaloosa AL and my spot to get certified to teach zumba. I am excited and nervous.
I love taking the classes and feel that I can follow. I've always had a little rhythm in me so I am thinking this should be easy. But getting in front of the classes and being the leader scares the shit out of me. Some of you that know me wouldn't guess that but it's true. But with all my girlfriends support I'm going to give it hell. They say they'll come take my class. We'll see how that goes.
I will also be getting certified to teach a "group power" class. But don't have a date yet.
I think that if we all really thought about it the things in life that we've wanted that we didn't go after were due to fear. Fear holds us back from lots of things. I faced my fear straight in the face by going on stage in front of 400 people in a skimpy ass suite. I thought I was going to shake right out of my heals. (mind you I only had been walking in heels for 4 months prior to stage date..hahaha) but I did it and crazy enough plan to do it again.
Go for what you want, it's out there for the taking. Do something that you are scared to do. Live life, you only get this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment