Wednesday, January 19, 2011

from mom to figure competitor


This morning will be a first for me to be a blogger. Thank goodness they have spell check.


I wish last summer I would of started blogging about my journey from mom to figure competitor.


I spent from June 2010 to Oct 30 2010 working out with a weight trainer and a nutritionist. I did my first competition Oct 30. I did ok got 5th out of 12 in the open group (this is any age in my height group) but didn't place in the 40 and over group. Gives me something to work towards.


My husband was not supportive at all during this long process. He didn't like how skinny I had to get or that we really couldn't go out to dinner pretty much all summer. But in the end I was told by my kids and friends that he was standing and cheering for me when I got my 5th place. He says it was because it was all over. But maybe I am thinking he was a little proud of me.


The best part about my journey was my kids. They were so supportive of me. They were there to listen when I didn't think I could finish. They had to look at every picture I would send them to show my progress. They were there for me when I thought I wanted to give up and talked me into hanging in there. But by far the best part of the whole thing was hearing them cheer me on at my show. I didn't ever imagine that my kids would as proud of me as they were!


Today I am lifting heavy weights with hopes to do another show in June of 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your journey Jody . your family and friends are so proud .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Journey Jody! Love, Blessings and Joy, Bridget:)

    ReplyDelete