Monday, February 7, 2011

Alexis

My very first baby. After about 3 weeks of delivering her I wanted her to be put back.
Couldn't wait to meet my first daughter, I had all the new little outfits, all the bathing things, bottles, pacifiers, bedding. I was ready.
The first night that we brought her home I climbed into bed and was going to sleep. Her father also turned the lights out and was climbing into bed. I jumped up, turned the lights and and said "what are you doing?" "going to bed" "no you can't I am, someone has to stay up all night and watch her sleep". I mean that's what they did at the hospital. I laugh now about it, but then I was serious.
Alexis didn't sleep much her first month home, she cried a lot, the more she cried the more I cried, the only thing I knew to do was to feed her more. I was only 20 years old.
I took her to her first months check up and the nurse asked me "how is everything" I broke down and cried. She took Alexis from my arms and said "it's ok, we'll figure this out"
I was breast feeding her. After that dr. appointment I gave her her very first bottle of a special formula. She puked the whole bottle up so I made another and gave it to her. She sleep for the first time over an hour. I almost woke her up to make sure she was alive. From there on out Alexis was the best thing that ever happen to me. I was totally in love.
She was walking a little over 9 months and never stopped.
She has always been a go getter. Nothing has ever stopped her of getting what she wants.
She has such passion. Sometimes her beliefs, I didn't always agree with but was happy that she, indeed... had "passion".
She has such an old soul. I guess is what you would call it. I think she's always been a little older than her time. It suites her well. And I couldn't be more proud of her.
We have such a great relationship. We can bitch at each other one minute and be back in love the next.
I feel lucky, I guess. Everyone tells me I should. But to me it's normal and don't know any different. I have herd stories of mother's and daughters. But not mine and Alexis. I enjoy her and glad we are friends.
There came a time that I no longer had to parent her and became more of a mentor and friend to her. I love it. I feel this is the way it's suppose to be.
The time is getting closer that she will be married and not to far off from having a baby. I know this because Alexis has planned her life to a tee up till this point. I believe her plan is to have a baby in her 20's. I will be so honored to be the grandma of her babies. For the record her babies are going to call me mama not nana or grandma. haha
I don't think any little girl can grown to be the women she needs to be without the love of a mother. I feel like the daughters that fight and hate there mom's are the daughters struggling in life. Maybe not all cases but I would bet most.

No comments:

Post a Comment