Saturday, February 26, 2011

car accident

It's been a while,
This past Sunday I was in a car accident.
Last weekend I went to Tuscaloosa AL to see my son and to get certified to become a Zumba instructor.
I arrived on Thursday afternoon, spent the day cleaning Ty's apartment. Which he said was already cleaned. Friday morning I went to my class at 8:00am and Tyler picked me up at 6:00pm. Long day. Saturday we just hung out. Sunday morning a friend of his picked me up to take me to Birmingham to catch my flight home. She was going to Birmingham to shop so it made since to catch a ride.
As we got off the exit to the airport we took a right instead of left to try and find a place to grab something to eat. We had about 45 minutes till I needed to check in. We were both looking for a sign or something to give us options on where to eat.
I said "we are going through a red light" I looked to my right and saw a car coming and before I could even say anything we got t-boned, on my side. We then spun around and hit a telephone poll head on, on my side.
I am alright. A little banged up but ALIVE. Lots of people have told me that I am really lucky and I think so too.
Life can change on a dime. People's life's change on a dime all the time. When something like this happens it really makes you think of the "what ifs"
If I were to have left this place on earth last Sunday would I have left my children with all that they would need to know about growing and become strong, healthy and happy adults? Do my parents know how much I appreciated the life the had provided for me? Do my friends know that they are my true friends and that I love and appreciate the time we spend together. Does my husband know that I am still after 16 years of being together still very much in-love with him? Do my sisters know how much they mean to me, even when maybe we aren't all getting along so perfectly?
How about you? Do the important people in your lives know really how you feel about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment