Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mom and Son realtionship

In March of 1990 I was told that I was going to have a baby boy. I already had 2 little girls. My thoughts "what will I do with a boy? what will I be able to teach a boy? I don't have any boy clothes and all the toys we had were barbies and not going to lie I loved playing barbies".
I was raised with 3 sisters. Feeling most of my growing up days that I was a "tom boy". Playing sports, running the neighborhood, getting into fights, wearing nothing but jeans, t-shirts and converse gym shoes.
June 14, 1991 was here and my baby boy was born. Tyler Andrew King. He was fat. Now I knew that girls and boys were different but my god not almost 3lbs different, but o'well he was cute.
I wasn't sure how things were going to work out as we took him home to live basically in a female house hold except for his dad of course.
There were times when you'd catch Ty-Man (as the girls quickly named him) in pink pj's and maybe a pink pacifier. But wasn't long before the girls were upset because there barbies had no heads, because the toilet seat was up, and when the girls had there hair all pretty he would run his hands through it and then run to hide.
Tyler was never hard to find all you had to do was look at my feet. Tyler stayed around my ankles from morning till night. He loved for me to hold him or sit on the couch with him to watch the Power Rangers.
He quickly grow up when his father and I separated and they, without me moved to Batesville IN. He was the man in charge while dad had to go to work everyday. (I wasn't around and someday when I feel the time is right I will go into detail, still hard after all this time...tearing up thinking about it)
Any how my son and I did our best to remain close.
Tyler and his sisters moved back to Loveland to share a life with me. He was going into the 4th grade.
So life goes on. Tyler was always happy and a go lucky kinda kid.
His sophomore year in high school i noticed big changes. His sister was making some bad choices, his first heart break, and struggling in school. It wasn't easy but he pulled through. I felt lucky enough to be there with him through it.
I couldn't love him or feel any closer to anyone else in the world. I am super proud of him and love our relationship. I mean how many mom's can say that there son tells them they love them daily? He has such a special place in my heart.
If you don't share such a special bond with the son in your life you are missing out. Do what you can to change that because it is one of the best feelings in the whole world. I promise you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment