Thursday, February 10, 2011

My baby Hannah

My baby...
I went to the doctors with my 3 babies and asked the dr to give me something to start my period. I was late and for heaven sake couldn't figure out why. "Nothing to worry about my doctor said, your not pregnant but before I give you this prescription we need to draw blood just to be sure."
The next morning my phone rang..."hello" "hi, Jody. First off let me start by telling you that the nurses and I drew straws for whom was going to make this call and well I lost. Your pregnant" I was a little taken back, cried for a little, took a nap with the other 3 babies then woke up and went on with life. I was 24 with 4 babies all under the age of 4.
Hannah was an awesome baby. Only cried when either Alexis tried to brush her hair (she had no hair) or Kelsey slapped her because she was in her cradle and when Tyler would snatch her pacifier and take off running.
She was so small. She only weighed 6 lbs. Such a difference between the other girls that were 7 and Tyler well we can't compare him because he weighed just about 10lbs.
Because of this separation that I asked for from her dad Hannah went to live with him at the age of 4. (again when i feel the time is right I will write about this time of my life, just not ready) She lived with her dad full time for 3 years without me. I visited as much as I could, mostly on the weekends our switch was tough when it was time for them to go back to there dads and never got easier.
When my King kids moved back to Loveland Hannah was entering into the 3rd grade.
Hannah took her time "reconnecting" with me. I wanted to be close and have a good relationship with Hannah but it wasn't easy. She took her time warming up to me and realizing that I was here in her life for good. I was patient with hopes it would work it self out.
I'm pretty sure it all worked out. I feel that Hannah and I are pretty close and really enjoy a mother daughter relationship. We did lots of cheerleading together, shopping, eating out and just hanging out at home. We shared a lot of gossip. She couldn't wait to share with me and I too liked to "adult" gossip with her.
We had lots of time together her senior year in high school. All the other kids were gone and Donnie was on the road a lot. We would work out together then rush home for either Monday night Bachelor or Tuesday night Biggest Loser. Wednesday night survivor. We were simple and I loved every minute of it. She did her own thing too. She didn't really have lots of rules and could pretty much come and go as she pleased.
Today Hannah is a freshmen in college. She is smart, loving, caring, and beautiful. She has one of the most caring hearts that I have ever known. I always said one day she will go and probably not come back. Not because she didn't love or want to me with me. Just that she knows there's a big world out there and she wants to check it out. Kinda like Jenny in Forest Gump.
I believe in my heart that Hannah and I have connected on a different level then probably most. It's hard to explain. When my hair is ugly she says I'm beautiful. When my outfit isn't quite right she says I look wonderful.
I always say "Hannah's in love me" and I believe this. I am in love with her too!
Is this the relationship that the baby has with her mom? Do we share such a special bond because she's my baby?

We Mothers are learning to mark our
Mothering success by our daughters
lengthening flight
~Letty Cottin Pogrebin~

No comments:

Post a Comment